“How was the idiom quiz?” “It was a piece of cake.”
*a piece of cake = very easy
- the salt of the earth = 最も善良な人
- cup of tea = 好きなもの、好み
- a butterfingers (*単数扱い）= よく物を落とす人
- go nuts = 気がふれる、熱狂する
- full of beans = 元気いっぱいである
- spill the beans = 〔うっかり〕秘密を漏らす
- in a jam = 窮地に陥って
- sour grapes = 負け惜しみ
- hot potato = 厄介な［扱いにくい・不快な］問題
- as cool as a cucumber = とても冷静な
- sell like hot cakes = 飛ぶように売れる
- two peas in a pod = そっくり、うり二つ
- be packed like sardines = すし詰めになっている
- bring home the bacon = 働いて金を持ち帰る、生活費を稼ぐ
- beef up = 強化する
- spice up = ～にひと味添える、～を活気づける
- butter up = （人）のご機嫌を取る、ゴマをする
- in a nutshell = 一言で［極めて簡単に］言えば
- apple of someone’s eye = 〜にとって非常にいとしいもの
- big cheese = 大物、お偉方
- bread and butter = 毎日の生活に必須のもの、生活の糧
- cream of the crop = 最高［最良］のもの、人
- egg someone on = （人）に～するようにけしかける・後押しする
0 of 4 questions completed
英語クイズ イディオム #3 “食べ物”
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 4 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
The issue of taxing domestic fuel has become a political hot _______.
To put it in a _________, the party was a disaster.
He continued to take off his clothes while the crowd ________ him on.
Security around the city will be _______ up during the event.
Although she's much older now, she's still full of _______.
She admits that stamp collecting isn't everyone's _______ of tea.
The reporter was cool as a _______ despite the confusion all around her.
The crowd went _______ when the team won the championship.
He’s always trying to ________ up the boss.
He worked hard all week to bring home the _______ for his family.
I tried to get him to tell me what he knew, but he refused to spill the _______.
He said he didn't want the job anyway, but that's just sour _______.
We were two _______ in a pod - we liked all the same things, and we did everything together.
You will have to ask the big _______ before you join the conference.
He is the ________ of the earth that you can always depend on.
- hot cakes
The new game is apparently selling like __________.
A large crowd of reporters was packed like _______ into a small room.
There were many good candidates for the job, but he was the cream of the _______.
His daughter is the ________ of his eye. He always talks about her.
They looked for advice on how to _______ up their living room.