” Mom please give me a hand. I need to finish all my English homework by tomorrow.” “You mean, English vocabulary? You have to learn it by heart.
- makes someone’s blood boil =（人）を激高［激怒］させる
- pull someone’s leg =（人）をからかう
- rule of thumb = 経験から得た方法
- cold feet = おじけ、逃げ腰
- all ears = 心に耳を傾ける、熱心に傾聴する
- cost an arm and a leg =〔出費が〕高くつく
- head over heels = ぞっこんである、すっかり惚れ込んでいる
- keep an eye on = ～に目を光らせる、～から目を離さない
- keep someone’s chin up = 〔困難な状況で〕元気を出す
- see eye to eye = 見解［意見・気持ち］が一致する
- sweet tooth = 甘いもの好き、甘党
- play something by ear = 即興で［ぶっつけ本番で］～を行う（演奏する）
- (my) lips are sealed = (そのことについては)誰にも話さないつもりだ
- break a leg = good-luck
- cry someone’s heart out = 胸が張り裂けるほど泣く
- tight-fisted =〔金の使いぶりが〕けちけちした、せこい
- hard-headed =〔冷静な判断ができて〕手堅い、抜け目のない
- stout-hearted = 勇敢な
- big-headed =うぬぼれた、気取った、てんぐになった
- weak-kneed = 弱腰の
- sharp-eared = 耳の良い
- tight-lipped = 口の堅い、無口な、口を閉ざした
- two-faced = 表裏のある、二つの顔を持つ、偽善的な
- starry-eyed = 夢想的な
- thick-skinned = 皮の厚い、鈍感な、神経のずぶとい
0 of 4 questions completed
英語クイズ イディオム #4 “体”
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 4 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
Give me a minute to finish my work and then I'll be all _______ to hear about your project.
He is a big-_______ man. He always feels he is better or more important than other people.
You need to be thick-_______ if you are going to work in politics.
This is what we call a weak-_______ defense policy.
Will you keep an _______ on my suitcase for me while I get something to eat?
I need three spoonfuls of sugar in my tea. I have a sweet _______.
He was going to ask her to marry him, but he got cold _______ and couldn't do it.
I cried my _______ out when my best friend moved away.
He was always hard-________ about getting his way.
I panicked when he said the test was tomorrow, but then I realized he was just pulling my _______.
My brother is head over _______ for his new girlfriend.
A good rule of _______ for keeping your closet organized is to get rid of any clothes you haven't worn in the past year.
Keep your _______ up! Everything will work out for the best.
Don't worry, I won't tell your mother how much you spent. My _______ are sealed.
I don't know how they'll react to our proposal, so we'll just have to play it by _______ and hope for the best.
The company's tight-_______ owner won't raise the workers' salaries.
The way he treats his employees really makes my _______ boil.
These cakes are delicious, but they cost an arm and a _______.
He remained tight-________ about his plans.
They don't see _______ to _______ with each other on this issue.