“Give me five!”
- catch-22 situation = にっちもさっちもいかない状態
- one-track mind = 一つのことしか考えられない頭
- two-edged = 両意に取れる［解釈できる］、曖昧な
- one-man band = 単独で何でもこなす人
- four-letter word = 4文字語（f-word)、ひわいな語
- have second thoughts about = ～を考え直すこと
- on first name terms = ごく親しい仲［間柄］
- third-rate = 三流の
- third degree = 厳しい尋問［取り調べ・追及］
- seventh heaven = 至上の幸福
- sixth sense = 第六感
- at the eleventh hour = ぎりぎりのところで、土壇場で
- play second fiddle = 脇役［補佐役］を務める
- (every) once in a while = たまに、時々、折々
- on cloud nine = 至福の状態で
- have two left feet =（特にダンスが）ぎこちない
- perfect ten = 満点、文句のつけようがないもの、最高の出来
- on all fours = 四つんばいになって
- at sixes and sevens = 混乱して、てんやわんやで
- zero in on = ～に焦点を絞る、～に神経を集中する
- zero tolerance = いかなる違反も許さない、ゼロ容認
- one in a million = 百万人に一人の逸材、素晴らしい人
- forty winks = 短時間の睡眠、うたた寝、仮眠
- back to square one = 振り出しに戻って、一からやり直しで
- fifth wheel = 余計な人［物］、足手まとい
0 of 4 questions completed
英語クイズ イディオム #6 “数”
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 4 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
He runs the business as a _______-man band. He does everything on his own.
He is one of the worst _______-rate comedians that I know.
The police announced that there will be _______ tolerance for illegal drug users.
The food at the restaurant is a perfect _______.
My _______ sense told me to stay here and wait.
He has been on cloud _______ ever since she agreed to marry him.
I had time to catch _______ winks before the flight.
He was not happy to play _______ fiddle to the younger players on the team.
Mom gave me the _________ degree when I got home late.
"Catch-_______ situation" is a difficult situation for which there is no easy or possible solution.
"There was a ______-edged message in the speech, I believe."
Jim has been in the company for many years, and is on _______ name terms with many of the board directors.
My grandmother was the kindest and sweetest old lady ever. She was one in a _______.
If you _______ in on something, you focus your attention on it.
"I just wanted to feel like part of the family instead of a fifth _______.
You’re not having _______ thoughts about it, are you?
Negotiators reached agreement at the _______ hour, just in time to avoid a strike.
When I told her she was going to be a grandmother, she was in _______ heaven.
If this suggestion isn't accepted, we'll be back to square _______.
The movie was full of _______-letter words. I really did not like it.