タイトル：”Lost Penguins “
A man was driving along the motorway when he saw two penguins standing in the hard shoulder. They looked lost, so he picked them up and put them in the back seat of his car. He then goes to the petrol station to fill up and whilst he is there the attendant notices the penguins in the back seat.
- motor way = 高速自動車道路（主に英国で用いられる）*expressway（主に米国で用いられる）
- hard shoulder = hard shoulder
- petrol = ガソリン（主に英国で用いられる）*gasoline（主に米国で用いられる）
- fill up = 満タンにする
- whilst = while（〜する間に）
- attendant = 店員、係り者
He says to the man, “What are those two penguins doing in the back of your car?”
The man says, “I found them on the road and they looked lost, so I picked them up”
“You should take them to the zoo,” replied the attendant.
“What a good idea,” said the man, and then paid for his petrol and drove off.
- drive off = 車で走り去る
The next day he went to the same petrol station and the same attendant serves him and notices the penguins are still in the car. He says to the man, “I thought I told you to take them to the zoo?”
The man replies, “「さあ、オチはなんでしょう？」”
- serve = 接客する
- I did but they did not like it. So they still stay with me.
- They like the aquarium better.
- I changed my mind. I just adapted them last week.
- The zoo was closed the other day. So we will visit there once again this afternoon.
- We have a farewell party for them today. Would you like to come?
- One of them caught a cold after swimming all day. I need to take him to the hospital.
- I decided I open a small zoo in my backyard.
- I did and they loved it. Today I’m going to take them to the movies.
- They like winter. So I will wait until then.
- The back seat of my car is alway wet now. Any good idea that I can keep it dry?
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed